The “Class” or “Class Members” was defined as those persons, excluding Deltera Construction Limited and its officers, directors, servants or agents, who on March 19, 2009:
(i) rented a condominium, apartment, townhouse or other utilizable space at 3640/3650 Kingston Road (a “Unit”); or
(ii) ordinarily resided in a Unit; or
(iii) was present in a Unit but was not ordinarily resident in that Unit; or
(iv) owned or had an interest in property located in a Unit; or
(v) owned some or all of the Units.
The deadline for Class Members and insurers to file a claim was November 25, 2013.
The Claims System was used for all claim activities including:
- Registering a Claim to participate in the Settlement.
- Communicating with the Administrator with respect to a claim.
- Editing and certifying a claim.
- Uploading supporting documents to attach to a claim.
- Preparing a Fax Cover Sheet to fax documents to attach to a claim.
- Checking the status of a claim.
- Authorized claimants’ settlement award calculations.
- Subrogated claim filing was available to class members’ insurers.
- Paper claim forms were available to class members without access to a computer with internet connectivity.